Sometimes you may come to a situation after download App Stuck at Installing in Google Play Store. A number of users report The Play Store gets stuck on “Installing,” meanwhile the download arrow is flashing in my phone’s notification bar. This goes on for hours and the only way to stop it is to restart my phone.
Whenever you experienced a Google Play Store problem at some point. Whether it’s an error message when downloading apps, the Play Store crashes or simply won’t open, or apps stuck on download pending we have the solutions.
Fix Android apps stuck on download pending
First of all check, you have a working internet connection. Try switching from Wi-Fi to mobile data, or vice versa, and see if the problem persists. You should also try switching your phone to “airplane mode” and back again.
Check your date and time settings
Google checks your Android smartphone’s date and time for the Play Store. If the store does not have the correct time, then it could cause some issues. Google’s servers could have a tough time syncing with your device and cause your Play Store to act up.
- Open Settingsin your Android device
- UnderSystem, you should seeDate and Time.
- whether your phone is on theAutomatic date and timeprovided by your network.
- If it isn’t already then you should toggle it on.
Cancel pending downloading (apps)
- Open Play Store app.
- Swipe-in from right edge of screen, You’ll be in Google Play Store menu. Tap onMy Apps & Games.
- Here you’ll see all the apps that are currently downloading on your phone. To cancelall other apps which are in the queue, select and touch the X (cross icon) near the download progress bar.
- Just leave one app which you would like to download.
Clear the Google Play Store cache
The cache is a storage area that temporarily holds data so it can be quickly retrieved without needing to be reloaded.Clearing cache and stopping play store can stop this update and also can fix corrupted cache problem. So, It has a good chance to fix app stuck at installing problem.
- First of all, Go toSettings > Apps & Notifications > All apps.
- Now, FindGoogle Play Store. Tap on it and then select storage, clear cache by tapping on Clear Cache.
- Then, Tap onForce Stop.
- Do same thing forGoogle Play Services. But, You won’t find force stop button for it.
- Again, Navigate toSettings > Apps > Running.
- Find Google Play Services and tap on it. Then tap on Force stop for all services.
- Now, Open play store and try to install the app again.
Uninstalling Google Play Updates
Probably, Latest play store version is not fully compatible with your device. That’s why you may be encountering problems while installing app. In that case, I would like to suggest you to uninstall play store updates and then try to install app again. To do it –
- Navigate toSettings > Apps > Settings.
- Tap on Play Store and then tap onUninstall Updates.
- Now, Install your app and this may work.
If you are a rooted phone user, You can uninstall play store and then install the latest play store again.
Check With Different google account
Sometimes you are facing this issue because of the problem in your google account. Change your google account by removing the existing account and add other Google accounts.
- Go to setting.
- Tap on Accounts section.
- Now you can see all account available in your Android device.
- Select Google account and remove all account.
- At last add a new account and try to download your favorite app.
Still apps stuck downloading or installing After applying all methods then just one more method is available for you and your device that is Factory Reset. After Factory Reset, it works as a new smartphone and all the errors are automatically solved. To Reset your device follow below instruction.
Note:Before you reset your device, you need to move all files which are in your device’s internal storage.
- Go to Settings (Apps in the same manner as explained above)
- Go to the backup and reset option.
- click on factory reset option.
- After a few minutes, your device has been reset and you got a new smartphone.
- Now just open Play Store and use your google account to sign in.
- Now you can download apps, games and enjoy.
Did these solutions help to fix Google play store apps stuck at downloading or installing forever? Let us know on comments below, also read: